Sunday, April 3, 2011

Windsor Locks Canal Trail

From Connecticut
I've driven by the Windsor Locks Canal Trail for years and wanted to do something outside today, so I stopped by to check it out.  It's not bad - not an especially exciting hike (very flat) but the cool part is that you have water on both sides of the paved trail - the Connecticut river on one side and the canal on the other.

The trail itself is raised so you can't really get near the water except in a few places.  Near the parking lot is a small spot with sand.

I saw what I think is a muskrat swimming along me in the canal and I'm definitely going to have to ride down on my bike.  There were a decent amount of people out with kids and dogs and everyone is friendly.

Check out the State of CT's site for a map of state parks.

No comments: