Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Naples

I flew down to Naples, FL to check it out.  Never had been, but heard great things.  I'm in the airport on my way home and I can't wait to get back.  Naples is very pretty but BORING.  Boring.

If you like the beach and golf you're ok.  If you want much else, you're out of luck.  The food is expensive and not that great.  The most enjoyable food experience I had was a Mama Mia's where I got a couple of slices of good NY-Style pizza.  I had some crappy cupcakes for dessert at a nearby cupcake specialty shop.  I saw a reviewer on Yelp ask "Do the old people in Naples lose their tastebuds?"  I have to agree.

The beach - pretty beach, but just beach.  And you park at a meter and pay .25 per 10 minutes.  Mmm kay.  The big attraction is the fishing pier.  It's just a pier.  It's kinda long.

I did go to the zoo which I liked, mostly because I got there before all the kids poured in and it combines a zoo with a botanical garden.  The plants were great but it was a little depressing to see the beautiful lions pacing in boredom.  They have little islands with primates which are fun to watch.

Watch out for the old people drivers.  They are TERRIBLE!

Explorer's Guide South Florida: Includes Sarasota, Naples, Miami & the Florida Keys (Second Edition) (Explorer's Complete)

No comments: